Braised beef is something other than a stew because the ingredients are made up cold, leaving them together all night, and then are put on the fire. Generally in Milan for braised used wine Gattinara.
Ingredients – 4 portions
- 1 kg beef meat
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery gamb
- 250 g tomato puree
- 1 onion
- 150 ml red Gattinara wine
- Extra virgin olive oil e.
- Various spices e.
- Pepper e.
- Salt e.
PTo better preserve the meat during cooking, it is always useful tie with kitchen string that will eliminate just before cutting the slices.
If the juices were too dry, add a bit too ‘hot broth or simply water. Finally, always remember that a good pot roast should cook very slowly and at low heat.
- Start with vegetables, mondandole, washing them and by cutting them into pieces.
- Pour a little ‘oil in a pan and let it heat up. Lie down on the piece of beef to brown it well on all sides (will take about 10 minutes).
- At this point, wet with red wine and wait for it to evaporate.
- Then add the vegetables cut into pieces, then add salt and pepper, add the tomato puree and even spices.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour and a half, two hours.
- Check and turn the piece of beef occasionally.
- Once ready, you picked up the meat and slice it thinly before you let it cool.
- Pass the sauce in a blender so as to obtain a thick sauce.
- Poured the sauce in the pan just before serving, adding, if necessary, more spices and a little oil.
- Arrange the slices of beef then also to make them heat and flavor. Serve your braised beef hot.
Eating this is even more enjoyable understanding the history.