Agoni marinated for several hours in olive oil and lemon juice, then fried, served with a sauce made from the marinade, butter, vinegar and anchovy fillets.
Ingredients – 4 portions
- 600 g. Agoni
- 2 Lemon (juice)
- 60 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 12 Fillets of Anchovies (desalted)
- 1/2 tablespoon of mustard (powder)
- 60 ml Vinegar
- butter (e. to emulsify)
- 1 sprig of parsley (chopped)
- Flour (e. to flour the fish)
- Oil (for frying e.)
- Salt e.
It is better to do not remove the scales of the fish if they have to be cooked on the grill. For frying, however, the scales must be removed with care. The shingling is done better, immediately after cutting the fins, at the time of the initial cleaning, before the ‘evisceration, because the body tends to sag when emptied. Hold the fish by the tail and scrape from tail to head with the scalesremover or with a sharp knife with a rigid blade. To prevent the scales to splatter anywhere, you can do it holding the fish submerged in water.
- Remove scales from the fish, remove the gills and viscera and rinse under running water.
- Dry with a cloth, put in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice, season with salt and leave into infuse in the fridge for at least three hours.
- Meanwhile, crush the anchovy fillets and mix them in a bowl with the olive oil until they dissolve completely.
- Season with mustard, add the vinegar and chopped parsley, emulsifying them carefully.
- At the appropriate time, drain the fish from the marinade and dip in flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the fish, depositing them at the end of cooking, when they are golden and crispy, on a paper towel.
- Then arrange them on a serving plate and serve warm, covered with anchovy sauce.