Eel at fisherman way is a specialties of ComoLake. The Eel is cut into chunks, browned in oil and butter with onion, celery, carrot, dried mushrooms, enriched by a few threads of tomato, flavored with sage, parsley, thyme, bay leaf (tied in tow), finally covered with wine and cooked over low heat .
Ingredients – 4 portions
- 800 gr eel
- 50g dried mushrooms
- 1 golden onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 celery gamb
- 1 carrot
- half glass of white wine
- 1 bunch of herbs (sage, parsley, thyme, laurel)
- 1 tomato
- salt e pepper e.
- Strip the eel, clean and cut it into logs pieces and dip in flour.
- Finely chop the onion and celery and carrot; cut the tomato in slices
- Heat up a pan with butter and oil then add the vegetables, dried mushrooms and a clove of garlic to take off later.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the eel, also joining the bunch of herbs tied together, add salt and pepper.
- When they are browned remove the garlic and sprinkle with half a glass of white wine; cook for 25 min.; 10 min. before the cook is completed add tomato slices and remove the herbs.
Eating this is even more enjoyable understanding the history.