The guinea fowl with asparagus is a delicious second course for a dinner with friends or with relatives. You should try this lean meat served with some delicious asparagus.
Guinea fowl with asparagus
Ingredients – 4 people
- 1 guinea fowl (let your butcher cut it in pieces)
- Rosemary q.s.
- Sage q.s.
- Garlic q.s.
- A glass of dry white wine
- Oil q.s.
- Salt q.s.
- 1 kg asparagus
- 50 gr butter
- 50 gr grated cheese
- Bread crumbs q.s.
- Salt q.s.
For the asparagus:
This is a perfect dish to serve during festivities.
Directions to cook the guinea fowl
- Put three spoons of olive oil in a pan, put the guinea fowl inside and let cook on a low heat with minced sage and rosemary.
- Let the meat brown and simmer it with white wine.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let cook on a low heat for 30 minutes. If necessary, add warm water.
Directions to cook the asparagus
- Clean the asparagus, tie them into bundles and let them boil in salted water, leaving the top part out of the water and covering the pot with a lid.
- Let the asparagus cook for 10 minutes, drain them and put them in a baking pan greased with butter.
- Add some melted butter and put the bread crumbs and the grated cheese on them.
- Add salt to taste and cook them in preheated oven to 200 °C for 10 minutes.
- Plate the guinea fowl with the warm asparagus up.