Here’s the recipe for a great melon jam, with a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients – 4 portions
- 1 kg of melon (cut and peeled)
- 1 packet Fruttapec 2:1 (pectine 2:1)
- 400g sugar
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- ground cinnamon
- Clean the melon, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Put the melon in a deep pan with the sugar, lemon rind and juice.
* Add a dash of cinnamon! *
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. boil it for 3 minutes!
- If the melon should remain “whole” you can whip it a bit with the immersion blender.
** test the density of the jam, if is too thin (liquid), boil a few minutes more.**
- Pour the still hot compound in sterilized jars, close and invert them. Cover the
jars with a cloth, let them cool in a dry place away from light for 24 hours.
- The jam is ready!