This is a cold dish made with snails, a typical ingredient from Val Padana. This fresh and tasty salad is low-fat and rich in proteins. We will not explain here how to clean and wash snails. For more details you can read the article land snails, where you will find a video tutorial on how to clean and wash them.
Ingredients – 4 people
- 400g boiled snails (1kg alive)
- Garlic powder or finely minced garlic q.s.
- Mixed pickled vegetables q.s.
- Ligurian olives (olive taggiasche) q.s.
- Minced chives q.s.
- Salt, pepper, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil q.s.
Clean and wash the snails accurately.
How to prepare a snail salad
- Roughly mince the mixed pickled vegetables and add the snails.
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and oil.
- Add olives, chives, garlic and mix.
- Leave it at least one hour in the fridge.