An aesthetically beautiful dish which can catch the attention of everybody, even those ones who never dared to try snails. They are delicate skewers although bacon is employed: as a matter of fact it combines perfectly with the snails taste, by making it softer and good even for the most suspicious of you. Skewers can be browned into a pan or grilled: they are ready in few minutes and easy to eat. In this case we have combined them with an excellent leek cream. A delicious dish which will convince kids too!
Snails skewers with leek cream
Ingredients for 4 people
- 24 boiled snails
- 100g finely chopped bacon
- 2 leeks
- Oil or butter as required
- Grana padano as required
- 1 boiled potato
- salt, pepper as required
Keep attention to clean and wash snails carefully.
How to cook snail skewers with leek cream
- After you have washed the leeks, chop and stew them with butter or oil until they are well-cooked.
- Sieve the leeks, add grana padano, salt and pepper as required. In order to create a puree, add a boiled sieved potato.
- Now create your skewers with 3 snails each: wrap each snail in the bacon, brown it into a pan until bacon will be crispy.
- Decorate the plate with the leek cream garnished with cheese and two skewers for each plate.