Spaghetti with melon are a perfect dish for the summer. The pleasure of pasta combined with the delicate flavor and aroma of melon . A light and delicious dish.
Ingredients – 4 portions
- 360 grams of spaghetti
- 1/2 melon
- 100 grams of ham not too seasoned, thinly sliced
- 80 g cream
- 1 shallot
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons oil
- e. salt and nutmeg
- e. grana cheese
- Chop the shallots and let it brown in a frying pan.
- After cleaning the melon , cut into cubes and add to the shallots. (mind that more you cook it , more it will loose water).
- Cut the ham into thin strips and add it in a pan without letting it cook too.
- Finally, add salt and double cream: the amount of double cream to be added depends on the flesh of the melon.
If you use a type Charentais melon (yellow skin , netted ) pulp is usually deliquescent (contains a lot of water) so as to make sufficient little cream; Viceversa if you use a melon- green skin (long-life) you may be needed more cream for spaghetti.
Eating this is even more enjoyable understanding the history.