If you are desperately craving for a pasta dish, vegetarian and nutritious at the same time, we’ve got you covered with these delicious tagliatelle. The ingredients are easy to find in every supermarket, but using those organic, freshly harvested eggplants and “datterino” tomatoes that fill up our fridges in July – when they are in season – makes a huge difference. Despite its simple ingredients, this recipe will surely be a pleasant surprise. If you know how to make pasta, we suggest you make your own tagliatelle: they are going to be even more delicious.
Tagliatelle with eggplant and “datterino” tomatoes
Ingredients serves 4
- 350g tagliatelle
- 2 eggplants
- 10-12 “datterino” tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Grana padano cheese
- salt q.s.
- olive oil q.s.
If you want, you can add a sprinkle of red chili powder. A spicy note never hurts!
How to cook tagliatelle with eggplant and “datterino” tomatoes
- Peel and cube the eggplants.
- Cut the tomatoes lengthwise.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and sautè in a large pan, in which we’ll put our tagliatelle later, with a bit of olive oil. Add the eggplants and tomatoes and cook on medium heat until soft. Add salt to taste.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the tagliatelle. Drain the pasta when it’s “al dente”.
- Sautè the tagliatelle with the vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of grated Grana Padano cheese on top.