The delicious Cantello white asparagus served with fried eggs is an original Varese recipe, very easy to make, but the result is amazing!
White asparagus Bismarck style
Ingredients – serves 4
- 1kg Cantello asparagus
- 4 eggs
- 100g butter
- 150g Grana padano
- Salt q.s.
How to prepare white asparagus Bismarck style
- Peel and wash the white asparagus and cut them (about 20cm).
- Tie the asparagus in bundles with a twine and put them in a pot.
- Put cold water up to mid asparagus and add some salt.
- Close the pot with a lid in order to cook them with the steam.
- Leave them in the pot for about 20-25 minutes after the water boils.
- Fry the eggs adding some butter.
- Put the asparagus on a dish and cover them with eggs, butter and a lot of Grana padano.