Italian “Focaccina” made of eggs, butter, milk, flour, salt, spread; it must have the thickness of a finger, and have to be fried in a pan in butter, then cut into squares that are coocked in good meat broth. This receip is a special soup of Brescia.
Ingredients – 4 portions
- 150 gr. white flour
- 200 gr. butter
- 6 eggs
- milk e.
- 1.5 liters of meat broth
- Grated grana cheese e.
For the sweet variety replace salt with sugar and do not add the Grana cheese; This variant is particularly welcome to children.
- Grease with butter a baking sheet, and work the remaining it into a bowl with a wooden spoon until it is foamy; then add the eggs one at a time, mix well and add the flour little by little, an finally add salt (or sugar if you like to cook the sweet one) .
- To make the dough softer, dilute it with milk.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan leveling them up to a thickness of a finger.
- Put the pan in a moderate temp. oven until the “Focaccina” crust is golden brown.
- Let it cool and cut, with a pointed knife many small bricks to be put into the boiling broth, and cooking them for several minutes.
- Serve Brofadei with Grana cheese (or not if you like to make the sweet one) .
Eating this is even more enjoyable understanding the history.