Maltagliati with mascarpone sauce pays tribute to one of the traditional cheese varieties of Lombardy: mascarpone. This delicate but savoury recipe is very quick and easy, perfect for the colder months of the year.
Maltagliati with mascarpone sauce
Ingredients – serves 4
- 250g maltagliati (pasta made with dough scraps)
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 60g Grana Padano cheese
- Salt and pepper q.s.
We recommend pairing this dish with a dry, delicately scented white wine such as Bianco dei Colli Morenici Mantovani del Garda
Maltagliati with mascarpone sauce – traditional recipe
- Grate 40g of Grana Padano cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta for a few minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the mascarpone sauce.
- Separate the egg yolks and beat them in a bowl, then add mascarpone cheese, salt and pepper to taste and mix with care.
- Drain the pasta, stir in the sauce and add a sprinkle Grana Padano cheese.
- Put the remaining grated cheese in a small bowl and put it on the table next to your pasta dish.