These simple yet delicious potatoes are a true Italian classic. This side dish is a great addition to both meat and fish recipes. Depending on the season, it can be served hot or cold.
Boiled potatoes with parsley
- 400g potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbs rock salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Potete anche condire le patate quando sono ancora calde ma dovete fare maggiore attenzione a non disfarle.
- Rinse the potatoes with care. Put them in a large pot, cover in water and season with a tablespoon of rock salt.
- Bring water to a boil and simmer with the lid on for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. Check their tenderness by poking with a fork.
- Drain well and transfer into a bowl. Let the potatoes cool for a while, then peel.
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic clove and chop finely. Add chopped parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- When the potatoes are cool, chop them roughly and season. Mix with care. You can season the potatoes when warm, but you’ll have to be more careful not to break them.
Eating this is even more enjoyable understanding the history.