Breast of veal in one piece, browned in butter with thin strips of ham, cooked with the addition of milk combined in small doses.
Ingredients – 4 portions
- 800 gr breast of veal
- 1 liter of milk
- 100 g onion
- 80 g butter
- a bay leaf
- salt and pepper e.
The roast vel with milk is another simple and very tasty dish, especially for children; thanks to cooking meat in milk, it becomes soft and very tasty. His cooking juices can then be used as accompanying sauce.
- Sear the breast of veal in a pan, let rest for 10 minutes and then tie with kitchen string.
- Peel the onion, cut into slices, and wilt it in a saucepan with half butter, then place the meat and brown on all sides, flavor with bay leaves, add the milk, cover and cook by low heat for 2 hours.
- When cooked, remove the pan from the heat, move the meat, keeping it warm, and strain the cooking liquid.
- Put the pan on the heat, add the sauce filtered and the remaining butter in small flakes, let it thicken for a few minutes and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the roast to a serving dish, removing the string, slice the meat and serve with the gravy.