Italian cheese and rice. Typical dish from Varese’s tradition, the basic ingredient for Risotto alla Formaggella del Luinese is Formaggella del Luinese PDO: a soft cheese with a 20 days maturing, exclusively produced with whole raw goat-milk.
Formagella del Luinese Risotto
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350g rice
- 150g Formaggella del Luinese
- 1 glass of white dry wine
- Beef broth
- 1 shallot
- Butter as required
- Pepper and salt
How to cook Formaggella del Luinese Risotto
- Chop the shallot and brown it in a nonstick pan with a knob of butter. Brown it before with medium then with low heat. While the shallot is browning, cut the formaggella del Luinese into cubes.
- As the shallot will be browned, put the rice into the pan and toast it, then deglaze with white wine and let it evaporate. Add some broth and let it cook.
- When the rice will be al dente turn off the stove and add cubes of Formaggella del Luinese PDO: continue to stir in order to let the cubes melt completely.
- If needed add salt, then put the risotto into a plate, sprinkle with fresh pepper and garnish with a leaf of fresh sage. Finally serve it as long as it is hot.